Moving home can be an incredibly stressful experience, and this stress is amplified considerably if the handing over dates don’t align and you are left without a property to stay in for a while. In this situation most people can stay in either a hotel or with family or friends, but finding space for all of their possessions is a trickier matter. The best solution is to rely on a Manchester storage company like Simply Storage to take care of your possessions for you. Here is what to look for in a great removals service:
Take The Stress Out Of Moving
We’ve also compiled a few other handy ways that you can take the stress out of moving home.
- Removals companies can become incredibly busy at certain times of the year. Don’t rely on them being free when you need them, Book them as far in advance as possible, preferably as soon as you find out the moving date
- You should also start packing as soon as possible. The best solution to packing is to pack your boxes in an organized way, so that you can label the boxes with the contents. The last thing you want is to be so rushed that you are just blindly throwing things into boxes. You’ll also want to be completely finished packing by the time the removals team turn up. Remember, you’ll be paying them by the hour, so you won’t want to pay them to stand around waiting for you to finish packing.
- Moving house is unpredictable. Sometimes legal wrangling takes longer than you imagine. You should always keep our Manchester storage operatives and your removal company well informed about any possible changes to your moving date because of legal issues. The more we know, the more likely we’ll be able to work around any issues that could crop up.
- Some people have larger homes and more possessions than others. If you have a huge amount of things that you need to move, then you should let your removal company know in advance that it will be a big job. The same rule applies if you are going to be moving particularly delicate or outsize items. Remember, some items are either so large or so valuable that a standard home removals company won’t be able to move them for you. In these situations you’ll need to contact a specialist company, so make sure to leave plenty of time for this eventuality.
- Have a chat to the removals company about how they’d ideally like you to pack your property. Different companies have different modes of practice related to which order they put the different sized possessions in the van, and they may have specialist procedures for unusually shaped items like musical instruments. If you try to accommodate these procedures then it can save your removal company a lot of time on the day, ultimately saving you money.
- Most removal companies work standard business hours. They may charge a higher rate in the evening. If you think that your removal could exceed the time you’ve booked, then you should make sure you understand their policy regarding overtime.